- We are currently in our 13th year of regularly scheduled, live social marketing instructional webinars.
- Custom live webinars are available on request. Further, you can access the video-recordings and presentation materials from past scheduled instructional webinars by registering for them online; included in the price is 30 minutes of live Q&A with the instructor.
Our next two Highlights webinars are:
Playa Vista's Ability2Change program.
Playa Vista's Ability2Change program is a great example of a targeted, strategic approach to transport behavior change. It features careful market segmentation and barrier removal, with different initiatives for different people. In just seven months it yielded a 3.5% decrease in peak time drive alone mode share across the entire community, with corresponding increases in carpool, cycling and transit trips. Designated a Landmark case study in 2016. Monday March 13, 2017, 12:00 to 1:30 Eastern Standard Time. Details and registration.
Shower Feedback in Switzerland
This pilot program provided Swiss households with real-time feedback on one specific, energy-intensive behavior: showering. Participants received smart shower meters that displayed feedback on the individual’s energy and water consumption in the shower in real time. A randomized controlled trial with 697 households in Zurich found that the treatment group who received feedback in real time reduced their energy and water consumption, as well as time spent in the shower by 20-22% over the control group. The effects were stable throughout the two-month study, resulting in average savings of 1.2 kWh per day and household. Designated a Landmark case study in 2016. Monday March 6, 2017, 12:00 to 1:30 Eastern Standard Time. Details and registration.
The panel that designated the transportation cases studies consisted of:
- Ryan Lanyon, City of Toronto
- JoAnn Woodhall, Translink
- Nathalie Lapointe, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Geoff Noxon, Noxon Associates
- Chuck Wilsker, U.S. Telework Coalition
- Phil Winters, University of South Florida
The panel that designated the energy case studies consisted of:
- Arien Korteland, BC Hydro
- Doug McKenzie-Mohr, McKenzie-Mohr Associates
- Brian Smith, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Marsha Walton, New York State Energy, Research and Development Authority
- Dan York, ACEEE